Forum Title: What is the pump on the boiler called
With distributed hot water boiler systems, there is usually a pump located on the boiler. There is also usually a 2 or 3 pumps located near the boiler for circulating the hot water. What is the correct terminology for the pumps mounted on the boiler?
Category: Plumber Post By: DERRICK PENA (Escondido, CA), 04/20/2017

OK. Lets assume that there is one 1/2 hp on the hot water boiler and three 15 hp pumps for circulation. The 15 horsepower pumps, in this install, I would call heating hot water pumps. So, you are saying the 1/2 hp would be called a circulator pump. Not an inline boiler pump, boiler pump, or boiler feed pump? Is that correct?

- VICKIE MARQUEZ (Delray Beach, FL), 10/04/2017

Maybe if you explained your need for the specific terminology and what the whole system is about. I work with steam fitters and a/c mechanics and sometimes we plumbers have a different term than the specific trade that works on specific equipment.

- RAYMOND SCOTT (Plantation, FL), 10/06/2017

There called circulator's.

- JACKIE HAYNES (Rock Island, IL), 10/10/2017

Emergency Plumbing & Rooter Service Companiess - Support, Assistance, Deals, Offers

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-880-2779